Man in the mirror Project
This site was officially opened on August 29 of 2011, as a gift to Michael Jackson on his birthday and also to the world and all the ones that needs hope.
Please read the "About this site" page for more details.
These men are window washers at a children’s hospital in Pittsburg. Some might think the job is menial, but to the kids who are horribly ill, looking out their window seeing their favorite superhero at their window makes all the pain go away for a bit. And that would make the job worthwhile.
I felt that way on my worst years. I felt I was a victim of life. Everybody seems to have more chances and things I didn’t, and I felt like… I was an orphan in life. Someone who needed to be rescued, by somebody or something. I always asked: Why good things never happen to me!!!??. And because I felt that way, I was depressed, I faced everyday with bitterness and I wasn’t happy at all.
The day that MJ’s died, on June of 2009, was the worst day of my life. I thought, nothing can be worst. If I die too, I don’t care. But, that day that bitterness of myself started to die too. It was a hard process, but all that experience let me wake up, to understand: “Hey, life don’t wait for anybody!… Hurry or you will miss everything good on it!.” I started to realize that chances aren’t necessarily gifts we should receive. I started to understand I was in command of my own life, and if I wanted something to happen, it was my responsibility to create the chances, or move and ask for them. So… even I still felt touched by MJ’s death, I couldn’t feel unhappy anymore. I could step out from depression and be able to work for myself. Believing in me and my abilities.
Since that, I’m a new person. I never wait and I don’t feel a victim anymore. I hope my story can help you too.
MJ-Rocks, 31 years old, South America
3 years and 130 pounds later
I don’t see the loss when I look in the mirror but this helps. I still have a bit more to lose till I’m where I want to be. I also have loose skin that needs to be surgically taken off. Once that happens, I’ll be the happiest person in the world
Anyway the most beautiful part in you is your strength and willpower. You are amazing! You took care of what you didn’t liked about you, and you worked till be exactly what you wanted to be (even when you are still in process of accomplish that).
Follow these tips to brighten your morning!
- Stretch. It’s a wonderful way to loosen your joints and increase flexibility. It will also get rid of any knots in your muscles from sleeping! You can try yoga or meditation, too.
- Take a shower. Showers wake you up and will leave you feeling fresh and ready for the day!
- Make your bed. You’ll be less likely to get back in and it will make you feel productive!
- Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, so give your body the calories and nutrients it needs!
- Turn on some music. It’ll leave you feeling happy, relaxed, and ready for the day!
- Wear something cute. You’ll be feeling confident and comfortable all day long! To save time, prepare your outfit the night before.
- Read an inspirational quote. Find one that motivates you!
- Wake up early. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready in the morning. If you’re less rushed, you’ll be in a better mood for the rest of the day.
- Drink a tall glass of water. It’ll get you hydrated and feeling good!
- Make a list of things you want to accomplish. Reward yourself at the end of the day if you complete all of your tasks. A list will help keep you focused and satisfied when you can check everything off!